The 2007 Winners:
Kate Duffy’s Choice:
To stay up to date with all things Brava — including being the first to hear if a new Brava Novella Contest is coming — sign up for the newsletter!
The contest that launched several successful publishing careers and brought readers hours of joy is back! Are you ready?
- 1) The 5th annual Brava Novella Contest will begin accepting entries at midnight central time on August 1, 2007 and will cease accepting entries at midnight central time on September 30, 2007.
- 2) All entries must be made using the online entry form (which can be accessed by the link below.) No email or snail mail entries will be accepted.
- 3) Entries will be 750 words (computer count/actual word count) and entrant’s choice of any scene in the novella. Entries over 750 words will be disqualified.
- 4) This year, for the first time, the contest will have a theme. Entries must be written to the theme of: reunited lovers.
- 5) All entries will be judged by established Brava authors with the top twenty finalists being judged by Kensington Editorial Director Kate Duffy. As in previous years, there will also be voting by readers with the highest voted entry being named the “Readers’ Choice.”
- 6) Judging will be held during the month of October. Announcement of the 20 finalists will begin November 15, 2007 and carry over a ten week period.
- 7) One entry per person (multiple entries is cause for disqualification.) Open to unpublished authors and those published with houses other than Kensington.
If your 750 word entry is selected as one of the 20 finalists, your entry will be read by Kate Duffy. Take a look at the books in the sidebar and below to see how many previous Novella Contest entrants became Kensington authors because of having their entries read by Kate.
Visit the message board’s Contest Forum and post them there. The contest will be run through the message board, so get accustomed to it now!
— The contest is now closed! —
Past Brava Novella Contest Entries/Winners!
Link to the Contest!