Update: The winner of ANGEL BETRAYED is…Patricia K. Congrats!!
Five Reasons I Love Fallen Angels…
Okay, yes, I’m not exactly unbiased here since I have a whole series about fallen angels (and the next book in this series–ANGEL BETRAYED–will be out on 6/26!), but hey, I’m just sharing the angel love. So why do I enjoy the fallen angels so much?
1. They aren’t perfect. No, if they were perfect, well, they wouldn’t be *fallen* angels, now, would they? These guys understand sin, and they know all about the price of temptation.
2. Wings. Sure, in my world, a fallen angel’s wings burn away when the angel plummets from heaven, but I’ve always thought it would be cool to see a guy who could fly. Ahem, that may be my superman complex kicking in.
3. They can kick ass. They’re immortal warriors, how can they possibly fear humans or vampires or werewolves? They don’t fear. Everyone—everything—else fears them. To me, that’s just tough and awesome all at once.
4. Despite all of their power, they have a weakness. Emotion. Fallen angels are hungry to taste the emotions of humans. Can you imagine what it would be like to live and feel nothing? Then, what if one day…you got hit with every single emotion out there? Talk about a rush. That rush might just be enough to make a man go insane…or enough to shatter the control of a fallen angel.
5. They smell good. Seriously. During my angel research, I came across many references indicating that when an angel was near, folks reported smelling the sweet scent of flowers. (Of course, I had to incorporate this bit of lore into my Fallen books.) So maybe the next time you catch that scent in the air…just maybe it will mean that you aren’t alone. Maybe an angel will be close to you…
What do you think about angels? Particularly the fallen sort? Share! I’ll send an autographed copy of ANGEL BETRAYED to one randomly selected commenter.
ANGEL BETRAYED–Available 6/26/12 from Kensington Brava
When you betray an angel, there’s hell to pay…